With our Wartales guide, you will learn the game's map. We also have a lot of useful information for you. For example, we discuss all classes and professions. In addition, you will learn how to catch prisoners and animals. We also haven't forgotten about the key topics for beginner players - you will understand the exploration modes, and we will also guide you through the process of creating a new game.
- Guide's content
- Quick beginners guide
- Items and constructions
- Minimum PC system requirements
- Game length
In the Basics section, you will find useful information on starting the game. Here, we discuss the character creation process. You will also learn which exploration mode to choose, as well as learn about all classes and professions.
The Items and constructions section focuses on the interesting things you can encounter in the game. The purpose of some of them may not be that apparent. Therefore, we will try to explain everything.
If you want to know more about your Party, and in particular prisoner management, you've come to the right place. Here, you will learn prisoners' management.
Quick beginners guide
- Create a balanced party - if you are just starting your adventure, it is worth starting with a balanced party. You should have someone for ranged combat, with a two-handed weapon, and a fighter with a shield.
- The initial choices in the game are extremely important - you'll spend the first few minutes of the game choosing the exploration mode, an additional perk for your party, and character traits. This is a very important part of the game that can significantly change your experience with it. So try to spend a little bit more time on it.
- Surround your opponents - it's worth focusing on one enemy as much as possible and surrounding it; this will give you a bonus to damage.
- Professions are valuable - even if you don't use one very often, you still should assign it to a character, even if it only has free passive bonuses.
- Salt is useful - in Wartales, it is worth cooking to obtain more filling meals, and salt is a key element here. Be sure to carry enough in your saddlebags.
You can read more useful tips here.
- Region Order - exploration is hard work in itself. In Wartales, you also have to think about which region to visit first. Fortunately, we will help you with that.
- Character Creation - the beginning of Wartales is very important, because the rest of your experience depends largely depends on it. Therefore, we will guide you through it.
- Exploration Modes - this decision will affect the whole later game. This is probably the most important choice you can make in Wartales. Better make a conscious decision.
- Classes - you will find several different types of characters. You can learn about them on this page.
- Professions - every warrior can have a profession. This determines what functions they performs in the party. Professions also give various interesting bonuses. So it's worth reading about them.
Items and constructions
- Antiquity Items - here you will learn everything about these unusual items. Thanks to us, you will understand better how to use them and which ones are worth selling and which ones are best kept.
- Travel Post – this is a very interesting construction. Thanks to it, you will be able to move around the entire map much faster. So it's worth investing a bit in this facility.
- Stocks - once you catch prisoners, they won't necessarily want to stay with you until the end of the journey. Thanks to this object, prisoners will no longer escape your party.
- Training Dummy - combat experience can be gained not only through combat alone. Sometimes it's also worth practicing before the fight. This object will help you with that.
- Human Remains - not all items have a clear purpose. Some remain a mystery to players. On this page, we will tell you what human remains are used for in the game. This is one of the most puzzling items.
- Camp chest - this is another object that may not have a clear purpose. Still, it's worth learning about it, especially if you like to steal.
- Dismiss Companion - not all companions are useful, and everyone needs to be fed and paid. So it's worth getting rid of the unwanted ones. However, it is not always that simple.
- Capture Animals and Prisoners - you can capture prisoners and even animals. This is a very important mechanic, so it's worth knowing how to do it.
- Captain - what's a squad without a captain, right? In this guide, we will tell you what this function is for and whether it is worth using it.
- Recruit Prisoners - captured an interesting prisoner and want to add them to your party? With our guide, you will learn how to do that.
Minimum PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit,
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5,
- RAM: 8GB,
- Graphics card: NVidia GTX 1050 or AMD RX550,
- DirectX: Version 10,
- Disk space: 30 GB.
It will take you from 30 to 40 hours to complete the game. Of course, a lot depends on what style of play you prefer. If you want to see everything that Wartales has to offer, the adventure can be extended to over 70 hours.
About Wartales map and guide
Author : Damian "Czarus" Gacek for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Wartales Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Shiro Games
- publisher: Shiro Games
- platform: PC
More About Wartales
Man doth not live by triple-A's only, because there are even smaller games that also deserveth attention – what we call gems. Steam is a real treasure trove of them, and since we have a moment for that, we highlight its most interesting regions.
The coming months will be filled with new interesting releases. However, not all RPGs can be spotted. In the list below you will find RPG titles worth keeping an eye on.
While there will be no shortage of big RPGs in 2022, there are also at least a dozen lesser-known indie games on the cards. If they don't fail on the technological side of things, they may succeed with their pure radness and originality.
The calendar of game premieres is already known years ahead. In the editorial team we tried to choose from it productions less obvious, and some even tempted to select titles yet unannounced.